Types Of Snails For Fish Tanks Unique
Like mystery snails nerite snails are also quite the algae eaters.
Types of snails for fish tanks. This is a type of aquarium snail that doesn t get talked about as much as it should. Many species will lay their eggs above the water level. They are peaceful snails so you should not have issues in terms of tank mates.
They are distinguished by their round polished looking shells. These tiny peas sized snails are probably the most common nuisance snail you encounter. Certain species of fish including loaches catfish cichlids and puffers eat snails and they can be an effective way of lowering nuisance snail populations.
Like gold inca snails ivory snails like to scavenge the tank for uneaten food dead or decaying plant matter and soft algae on hard surfaces. Introduce assassin snails to eat your nuisance snails. In essence they are all the same.
The gold inca is absolutely stunning because of the rich yellow that covers their shells and body. It makes this species really stand out. These snails are highly appreciated by aquarium hobbyists because they are both attractive and beneficial in the freshwater tank.
They spend most of their time just moving around in the tank and while doing so they will consume any algae that they come across while moving in the water. They do enjoy eating dead plants uneaten food and even dead fish but their favorite food by far is algae. Pond snail you would be hard pressed to find anyone who actually wants pond snails in their aquarium unless they are breeding them for dwarf puffers or other similar fish.
These snails have the potential to breed quickly but some species like the zebra nerite snail are only likely to breed in brackish conditions. Ivory snails may also be interested in eating supplements of nearly any kind including fish flakes algae wafers tablets pellets and even some blanched green and leafy vegetables. Below is a list of the more commonly found aquarium snails which will help you identify any hitchhikers that make their way into your tank.
- Desk Extension Clamp
- Desk Organizer Set Wood
- Dining Room Table For Small Space
- Decorative Wood Molding And Trim
- Decorative Wheels For Furniture
- Double Sided Mirror Pocket Door
- Dining Room Table Glass Top
- Difference Between Propane And Natural Gas Grill
- Double Chaise Lounge Sectional
- Design Basics
- Difference Between Propane And Natural Gas
- Decorative Stained Glass Window Film Tint
- Desk Paper Organizer Tray
- Desk In Living Room Or Bedroom
- Dining Room Table Island
- Dollies For Moving Furniture
- Decorative Wall Picture Hangers
- Dogs And Peanut Butter Allergy
- Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve Home Depot
- Dining Room Table Light Fixture Height